Sat, Feb 04|
Crochet Class: HDC Braided Toboggan
Join us bright and early February 4 as we gather to make a cozy, textured toboggan. In this class, we'll apply some simple, clever crochet techniques to created a "braided" toboggan that will fit your head just right.
Time & Location
Feb 04, 2023, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST
Walther Handmade, 316 Trenton St, Harriman, TN 37748, USA
About the event
Join us bright and early February 4 as we crochet our way through winter! In this class, we'll apply some simple, clever crochet techniques to make a textured toboggan that will fit your head just right.
Skills you will learn:
- Half Double Crochet in the 3rd loop (HDC TLO)
- Using short rows and mixing stitches to shape work
- The joy of crocheting with alpaca!
- Instructions & printed pattern
- Practice Yarn
- 1 skein of Snuggle Yarn by the Alpaca Yarn Company (for a larger hat, 2 skeins may be needed - additional yarn can be purchased from shop at discounted rate)
- When registering for class, please specify hat color, so we can "cake" it before class.
You will need to bring:
- Size L / 8.0 mm crochet hook
- Stitch marker
- Small pair of scissors or snips
- Tape measure
- All tools & notions are available for purchase at the shop. We'll be happy to help you pick out the right items!
- Slip knot & yarn over
- Chain stitch
- Slip stitch
- Single Crochet
- Half Double Crochet (preferred - we'll review this briefly, but prior knowledge will be helpful!)
- Fasten Off
- Able to follow written crochet patterns (to finish project at home)
Allergy Note: Snuggle Yarn is an alpaca/wool/acrylic blend. Please make sure you are not allergic to any of these fibers!
Refund & Cancellation: If you register for the class and are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. This makes sure we can notify other interested crafters that a space is available and helps us adjust our schedule if needed.
- To receive a refund, you must notify Jillian / Walther Handmade at least 48 hours in advance of the class.
- If you do not give at least 48 hours notice for cancellation, you will not receive a refund, nor will you be able to apply the class fee to future classes or events. In this event, all class fees and materials would be forfeited.
- Walther Handmade reserves the right to cancel this class due to low regisration or other, unforseen circumstances. In this case, all fees would be refunded to students.