Sat, Sep 16|
Epic Road Trip Wrap Crochet-A-Long
You've gone on the Great Tennessee Yarn Tour, got your hands on a new pattern, and collected all the mini-skeins...now what? Come to Walther Handmade in September as we learn how to crochet the Epic Road Trip Wrap!
Time & Location
Sep 16, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Walther Handmade, 316 Trenton St, Harriman, TN 37748, USA
About the event
Join us on every Saturday in September from 11AM - 1PM each day was we crochet the "Epic Road Trip Wrap" designed by Robin Adams. This wrap is a new pattern, designed specifically for the 2023 Great Tennessee Yarn Tour. Tourists who participated received a copy of this pattern with their tote bag; however, the crochet-a-long is open to anyone who wants to participate!
This is a crochet-a-long, not a standard "how to" crochet class. Participants should be comfortable with the basics of crochet: how to chain, how to single crochet, and how to double-crochet. The first week we'll walk through the pattern together and practice special stitches. Participants can come back each of the following Saturdays to enjoy time with yarnie friends, go over any questions or issues, and continue crocheting the wrap together!
Date & Time: Saturdays, September 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30; 11AM - 1 PM each day.
Cost: The Crochet-A-Long is free, but space is limited! Register to save your spot!
Instructor: Jillian Walther
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner (You should be comfortable with the basics of crochet. This is not a "how to crochet" class)
Required Skills: Participants should know how to chain, single crochet, and double-crochet.
Topics we'll cover: Reading through a pattern, carrying yarn, crocheting in the back loop only, creating a double-crochet shell, crocheting into spaces and stitches, and the puff stitch
Materials: Materials are not provided; participants will need to gather the following materials before the class. Remember to support your local yarn store - buy your hook and yarns from Walther Handmade! Buying your yarn and tools from us ensures you'll have just what you need!
- "Epic Road Trip Wrap" pattern. Included with the 2023 Great Tennessee Yarn Tour ticket. Will also be available for purchase online (more info to come).
- It is a copyright violation to make/distribute copies of the pattern. Participants should have the copy they received with their ticket/totebag or purchase a copy online before class starts.
- This crochet wrap has been designed to highlight the mini skeins that each shop along the Great Tennessee Yarn Tour is offering. The pattern is written to use 2 main colors (high contrast is recommended) and as many Tour mini skeins as you want to use!
- Crochet Hook: US size F/5 (3.75 mm), or G/6 (4 mm), or H/8 (5 mm) are recommended.
- Use whichever size obtains the gauge/drape you are looking for
- Stitch markers (optional for stitch count)
- Tapestry needle
Yarn: Fingering Weight*
- approximately 350 to 400 g total
- Main Color 1 = 200 g
- Main Color 2 = 100 g
- Contrasting Colors = 100 g total of various Tour mini skeins
- *You can use a heavier weight yarn, such as Sport or DK; however, you will need to use a matching hook and may need to alter the pattern to accommodate your yarn choice.
- We will not have time to wind yarn the same day as the C-A-L. Make plans to purchase and wind your yarn in advance!
Cancellation: If you are not able to make the class, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can open up your spot to another interested knitter!