Fri, Jun 09|
Walther Handmade Yarn Shop
World Wide Stitch in Public Weekend at Walther Handmade
Celebrate World Wide Knit in Public Day with Roane County's only local yarn shop! We're celebrating starting Friday night and all day Saturday. Yarnies of all craft passions are welcome to come and stitch in public with us!
Time & Location
Jun 09, 5:30 PM – Jun 10, 5:30 PM
Walther Handmade Yarn Shop, 316 Trenton St, Harriman, TN 37748, USA
About the event
On June 10, knitters and crocheters all over the world will celebrate their passion for yarn crafts! You can be a beginner or maybe you have been knitting for years – everybody is welcome!
We are celebrating World Wide Knit in Public Day all weekend in multiple places in Harriman and Roane County!
- June 9 (WWKIP Day Eve): The shop will be open until 8PM! Join us at 5:30 and learn to knit a dishcloth! (Registration required)
- June 10:
- The Kingston Lakeside Farmers Market will welcome stitchers from 8AM - 11AM. "If you're a knitter, crocheter, quilter, spinner, or crafter, join our local crafting community for a day of creativity, friendship, laughter sharing and stitching. We will have tents ready so bring a chair and enjoy."
- 10AM - Walther Handmade shop opens!
- We're hosting a class - My First Shawl - from 10am - noon. This is a great next steps class for beginning knitters. Register here!
- 12PM - 3PM - social stitching time! If the weather is nice, we'll set out chairs on Trenton Street. We'll have some light refreshments and enjoy hanging out with other yarnies!
- 3PM - 5:30PM - We'll wrap up the day by Stitchin' and Sippin' at Gather Coffee Lounge in downtown Harriman! Enjoy great local coffee while you craft the afternoon away!
Knit in public and enjoy the company of your fellow yarnies. This is a great way to meet other yarn junkies in your local area!
*Be sure to have water, sunscreen, and a chair - just in case!*
WWKIP Eve: Knit a Dishcloth ClassWalther Handmade Yarn Shop
Stitch in Public at the Kingston Lakeside Market!Kingston Lakeside Market